Sunday, August 9, 2009

Wise Golden Hair

This is blog worthy. Okay to me.
It is late. I am on my way to check email one last time before going to bed. I was in the bathroom, pulling my hair back into a clip. The light must have hit so subtly, in just the right spot. I had to take a closer look. Closer. "You've got to be kidding me." That's all I could think. As I begin to filter through the strands of hair pulled back I finally get the one I'm looking for, it's a single GRAY HAIR!! I held onto it for a few seconds before deciding what to do with it. I held it up to the light to make sure it wasn't just some highlights that hadn't faded yet. It wasn't. Then I tugged on it ever so slightly to make sure it wasn't a really long cat hair that made it's way into my own silky locks. Blasted! It wasn't. Still holding this nuisance, I decided to do the only thing a women my age would do...I PULLED THAT SUCKER OUT!! You would have thought I was a CSI by the way I was examining it. From every angle, holding it up to the light, touching it. And then I thought, there is a difference between gray and WHITE. This was a white piece of hair. But when I held it, it was strong, thick, and shone like none of the other strands of my hair. It was like spun gold. I like that, spun gold. Doesn't make a girl feel so old. I had to call Ryan in on the investigation. He came in with much excitement (shock). He said, "You're 15 years behind me in getting gray hair." Was this suppose to make me feel better? Still fascinated and in awe of this discovery, I decided I had to keep my new found jewel. I placed it on a dark cloth on the bathroom counter, the contrast of colors is spectacular. As I came to bed, surprised to be smiling, Ryan said, "Gray hair is a sign of wisdom." He's so gentle with words. I said, "I just pulled my wisdom out." I've always been very excited to begin a new decade, but this is ridiculous. Oh well, I will venture on in hopes of gleaning wisdom in ways other than the top of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment