Monday, December 14, 2009

Seasons Change

It's been a little over three months since I've even visited my own blog page. That's unacceptable. But better now, than never.

My season has changed. Winds have shifted. The breeze is much better here. There was a storm for a few weeks, then my season changed. Thank you Lord for my new season.

Back in September, I took a lengthy (well, myself with three children, a week long trip is lengthy) trip to Virginia Beach. My dad lives there. I hadn't seen him in three years. The timing was good. But I wasn't going to see my dad. I was going to see my dearest friend be married to his love. I had great plans of blogging the entire trip, but alas, you see I did not do that. And now that so much time has passed, those of you that chat with me, know how the trip went. I will say this, I did it. I did a 14 hour drive in 17 all through the night. I carried our luggage up stairs, to the wrong room, down stairs, to the right room. I kept my children safe while staying at a hotel for six nights. I managed to not throw the malfunctioning GPS out the window on the interstate. I witnessed some men doing drugs at a gas station. I saw cars swerving all over the road. I was able to feed my children good, healthy food 90% of the trip. I saw many old friends. I met new ones. We had a wonderful time. We accomplished all we set out to do on our journey. And I will never do it again. I missed my husband way too much to make a trip like that again without him. But I did it.

As soon as we returned, God shifted my surrounds all upside down. And yet, when God does the shifting, He's putting it right side up again. What I realize is this; had I not gone on the trip, aside from missing the one of the most important weddings in history, then I don't believe I would have appreciated all the season changes if I had been here waiting for them to happen. I like to think of my going away as God's way of saying, "You go, and I'll fix this while you're gone." Don't we all want someone to fix little messes while we're away? What a blessing to have been gone and all these little things were being taken care of. When I returned, I just step into the series of events and let it unfold. Thank you, Lord.

So, as I readjust to the newness of life after my road trip, I'm reminded everyday that life is full of seasons. Some of them lasting only weeks, some of them months, some of them years; many, many years. I appreciate the change of seasons. The freshness. The excitement. I came back from one journey to start a new one. So begins...the blog continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment