Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Listen to Harold!!

Today I picked up my nieces and brought them to spend the night with us. It has been some time since we've done this, and I figured since it was still vacation from school, timing was right.

Madison loves to help me in the kitchen. She wanted to cook the spaghetti tonight, but instead she sat on the kitchen counter and kept me company. We let the kids sit at the table tonight and hang out. Ryan and I sat back on the couch eating our dinner. We chatted, but I mostly ease-dropped on the children. There was a "Praise Baby" video on while we ate. This one had Christmas music. The song "Hark! The Harold Angels Sing" was on and apparently the kids were listening to it. This is what I heard:

Jeannie: Uncle Ryan, what does "hark" mean?

Uncle Ryan: It means "listen".

Jeannie: Oh. What does "Harold" mean?

Nathan: That's the name of the angel. You know, "Listen! Harold the angel is singing".

BAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I couldn't stop laughing!! I'm looking at Nathan, and he is totally serious about his explanation. He thinks he's got it all figured out. What a riot!!! I'm so glad the girls came over tonight. We would have missed out on Nathan's sense of humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment