Saturday, September 5, 2009

Yippee for Yard Sales

Good Morning Sunshine...

Today Ryan and I are having a yard sale. This is so much fun for me. Actually, so much that I've got the laptop pulled out on my "cashier's table" and am blogging about all the fun this is.

We are a bunch of nuts, though. We like to challenge each other while we do yard sales. I think something will sell for a certain price and Ryan thinks it should have been put into the trash long ago. Ryan begins to price the clothes individually and I have to go back behind him and change most of the prices. This is so much fun!!

As we are sitting here and no one is shopping, Ryan says, "Where are all the people?" He says this like I should have sent out invitations to the event. I smile, look at my cell phone to see what time it is, and realize we could have stayed in bed for 45 more minutes!! It's still too early.
A sweet man just came looking for something that we did not have. He asked us, "How ya doin'?"
We said, "Great. How are you?" Smiles all around. We're all doin' great....
I then looked at Ryan and said, "I triple dog dare you to ask the next person who comes up here, "how ya durin'?" You know, totally East Miton, country bumpkin talk. :)
He said he would. I have yet to hear it.

I hear thunder in the back ground. I hope it doesn't turn into anything. It's a really nice morning. Thank you God for a beautiful morning to sell off all my goods...

No comments:

Post a Comment